FLASH TREK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLASH TREK

HOME OF NEMESIS

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

9 reasons why WoW sucks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earthdeath

9 reasons why WoW sucks Empty
PostSubject: 9 reasons why WoW sucks   9 reasons why WoW sucks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 pm

self explanitory, but this has 9 good points

Last time i checked, running around and solving redundant quests, looting superflous amounts of monsters, getting bullcrap drops from low levels not including any helpful things, and talking like you're in an IM room all at the same time was not fun.

Now to address my points on why i think WoW sucks.

First point:
-Quests:
The quests are mindless and repetitive. Nearly half of the quests are "Deliver object A to target B" quests. A quarter of the quests are "Kill ____ the ____________ _______" quests. The only good quests are ones that take up too much time, and are very interesting. There's always the annoying "Take object A to target area B and interact with object C" quests. like the druid bear transformation quest.

Second point:
-Size:
The world is too huge! The methods of transport are too blatant for lower levels, as there is only walking,running,swimming(which doesn't get you too far)using a zeppelin, or using the boats. There is no Level 1 mount, which is frustrating for new players as they have to walk for miles from city to city to complete another stupid quest. They need to develop a wagon system that takes you between small towns for a bit of money, dependant on distance.

Third point:
-Leveling:
Leveling is the most boring and mindless task there is in WoW. Despite the fact that experience is easy to find, most leveling involves grinding in spawn areas for HOURS on end just to gain that last hundred experience so that you can level and do a mindless, boring quest. I mean seriously, the only moderately acceptable things are the level 5+ drops. Example: As an orc or troll player, you start by grinding scorpions,boars,and imps. then around level 6-7 or so, you start training on sea wildlife. Then a bit higher you go to a castle...This is after about 10 hours of playing the game. I believe that that is the record time for reaching level 9.

Fourth Point:
-Party system:
As if the game wasn't #$# enough, Blizzard had to take the move that most MMORPG's did, and make it a little more stupid. The loot system is totally rigged, as the leader can set it to leader looting and get tons of treasure while partying in a dungeon. The fact remains, the party looting system was naively transformed by blizzard's first foray into MMORPG's.

Fifth point:
-Instances:
This is the one thing that WoW has going for it. The instance system. When you enter a dungeon, only your group goes to a certain instance of the dungeon. This dungeon is special to you so noone can charge in and take all of your kills, and you don't need to wait for respawns after someone clears out the dungeon.

Sixth Point:
-Spell Learning:
The most #$# thing ever. I would much rather find a drop on a critter or learn the spell through randomized runes then have to run to the nearest trainer and waste my good money , that i spent hours getting, on a couple of lame-^%$ spells. This is a TOTAL waste of time. The creature drop would be a bit better, and increase the economy.

Seventh point:
-Private servers(P2p issues)
This game is SO bad, you shouldn't have to pay to play it. Which is why several sites have sprung up, hosting their own private WoW servers, most of which are edited. Most of them have better quests/weapons/armor/items/monsters/towns then the public blizzard server. This is so much better than the public server that most of my former WoW playing was done on a private server. I forgot which.

Eighth Point:
-Guilds:
The guild system plainly sucks. It's like RPGWO's guild system being smacked in the balls while a player films it. The starting of a guild is INSANE. You have to PAY COIN to get a guild charter, then you go out and have to find ten or so SIGNATURES to sign the charter. Usually it's hard. Nobody ever wants to join a new guild unless it's a new server. After getting these signatures, you go back to the EXACT SAME guild charter seller, and give it back WITH MORE MONEY to start your guild. Then you need to make a guild tabard for another TEN GOLD. The tabard itself will cost one gold, so at total costs, it is approximately TWELVE GOLD to start a new guild. So basically, unless you beg, a player 10-25 won't be able to start a guild. Worst system ever.

FINAL Point:
-Trade skills:
I HATE this system. All you do is randomly run around harvesting things. Sometimes you can't even find what you are looking for. The only thing good about this system is the plans, but even then the items cost ridiculous amounts of hard-to-get supplies. You can't even own land or plant(alchemy) these objects in a place. There's no house system, and that just bugs me.
RPGWO is better with this, even though it has 2D graphics.You can:
-Own land
-Farm things on that land
-Replant things to farm on that land
-Build a house on that land
-Mine the underground on that land
-Build an underground house on that land
-And you can put stuff on that land without losing it.
In WoW, you spend hours apon hours of finding materials. Then when you build something, barely anyone wants to buy it. ESPECIALLY at low tradeskill levels. That's all for this section.

Conclusion:
Basically, WoW sucks. All it really is is a bunch of crappy eye-candy. Few of the quests are actually worth taking, money is hard to get at low levels, Leveling takes FOREVER, Parties just plain suck, Instances are O.K., Spell Learning takes too long, Private servers lag too much(but are free, and infinitely better), The guild system sucks, and tradeskills are a major waste of time.

Now i present my question:
Do you really still like WoW after reading all of that?
Back to top Go down

9 reasons why WoW sucks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FLASH TREK :: mmo's :: world of warcraft-
Jump to: